MAIN GOAL: APPLICATION OF IMAGE ANALYSIS AND COMPUTER VISION ALGORITHMS IN BIOPHYSICS AND BIOMEDICINE
- Control of Holographic Optical Tweezers using natural user interface (hands and fingers, voice, gaze).
- Particles tracking and their automated optical micromanipulation (path finding, sorting, measurement).
Image analysis and stereology
- Image analysis of samples acquired by different microscopes (optical , confocal, AFM, TEM).
- 3D image analysis and stereology (quantitative analysis and measurement in 3D, unbiased stereological methods).
- Segmentation of images in 2D and 3D, machine learning methods.
- Contactless measurement of human body by depth sensing cameras.
- Computer vision applications (C++, OpenCV).
- Control of VR devices and depth sensing cameras (Oculus Rift, Kinect, Leap Motion).
- Biomechanical measurements (spasticity, rigidity, spinal compression, wound strength).
- Computer vision lectures (Institute of Computer Science, P.J. Safarik University in Kosice).
- Intensive courses in Image Processing (Institute of Material Research).
- Supervisor of PhD and M.Sc students (Technical University and Safarik University in Kosice).
- Development of the interactive exhibits for the "Steel Park " science center in Kosice.
- IEEE Computer Society member.
Principal investigator of currently running projects.
Image analysis of microscopic particles in the automation of optical manipulation techniques applicable in micro/nanorobotics.
Project of Slovak Research and Development Agency - APVV (2016-2019).
- Natural User Interface based on RGB-D Image Processing Algorithms and their Application in Biomedicine. (2016-2018).
- See all projects.
Selected journal papers
to show full list and PDFs from ResearchGate)
A. Matiasova, J. Sevc, Z. Tomori, Z. Gombalova, S. Gedrova, and Z. Daxnerova, "Quantitative Analyses of Cellularity and Proliferative Activity Reveals the Dynamics
of the Central Canal Lining During Postnatal Development of the Rat," Journal of Comparative Neurology, vol. 525, pp. 693-707, Feb 2017.
Z. Tomori, P. Keša, M. Nikorovič, J. Kaňka, P. Jákl, M. Šerý, S. Bernatová, E. Valušová, M. Antalík, and P. Zemánek,
“Holographic Raman tweezers controlled by multi-modal natural user interface,” Journal of Optics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 015602, 2016.
L. Dancakova, T. Vasilenko, I. Kovac, K. Jakubcova, M. Holly, V. Revajova, F.k Sabol, Z. Tomori, M. Iversen, P. Gal, J. M. Bjordal
"Low-Level Laser Therapy with 810 nm Wavelength Improves Skin Wound Healing in Rats with Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes."
Photomedicine and laser surgery 32 (3) 2014 pp. 198-205;
Z. Tomori, M. Antalik, P. Kesa, J. Kanka, P. Jakl, M. Sery, S. Bernatova, P. Zemanek. "Holographic Raman Tweezers Controlled by Hand Gestures and Voice Commands"
Optics and Photonics Journal 3(2B):331-336.
R. Navarro, S. Juhas, S. Keshavarzi, J. Juhasova, J. Motlik, K. Johe, S. Marsala, M. Scadeng, P. Lazar, Z. Tomori, G. Schulteis, M. Beattie, J. D.Ciacci, and M. Marsala,
"Chronic Spinal Compression Model in Minipigs: A Systematic Behavioral, Qualitative and Quantitative Neuropathological Study"
Journal of Neurotrauma, vol. 29, pp. 499-513, Feb 2012.
H. Gojzewski, M. Makowski, A. Hashim, P. Kopcansky, Z. Tomori, and M. Timko, "Magnetosomes on Surface: An Imaging Study Approach",
SCANNING, vol. 33, pp. 1-10, 2011.
E. Demjen, V. Abosi, and Z. Tomori, "Eye tracking using artificial neural networks for human computer interaction",
Physiological research , vol. 60, pp. 841-4, 2011-Nov-22 2011.